Notice a personal vision is a pointer for why you exist or what gives your life meaning and soulful direction. Give some attention to the following statements and write detailed answers in a journal. Clarify and add new dimension to your dream.
- What are the ten things you most enjoy doing? Be honest. These are the ten things without which you feel you are missing something or feel somehow incomplete.
- What do you feel compelled to do everyday to feel fulfilled?
- What are your five core values?
- Your life has a number of key dimensions, all of which merit attention in a personal vision statement. Write one important goal for each of them: physical, spiritual, work or career, family, social relationships, financial security, mental improvement and attention, and fun.
- If you no longer had to work to support yourself, what would you do?
- What do you absolutely wish to do before moving on from this world?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses according to others? What strengths and/or weaknesses do you see in yourself?
- How does your evolving vision statement incorporate all this?