Emotions can stun and paralyze you yet, they also energize and renew you. People are often unaware of the choices they have. You can learn how not to keep situations alive in your mind.
At this moment, you can choose to move beyond thoughts and feelings. They do not have to shape your identity. People shoulder unnecessary emotional bagage. This is not who you are. You are still in the process of figuring out the truth.
Every person goes through stages of limiting himself by using negativity, complaints, grievances, guilt, anger or regret. When part of you clings to emotions, they seem to be who you are. Consider 7 tips for coping with what does not serve you;
1) Raise self-awarenss. Many approaches exist to open your senses and faculties. The majority of people live in an imagined reality. When you act to discover yourself through things, this creates attachment and prevents you from being aware. Determine where it would help you to shift focus.
2) Believe change is possible. Nothing you have done in your perceived past can prevent you from being present now. Presence is that state of mind which enables you to step beyond ego, inadequacy, fear or, what holds you back from feeling less than you are. Youmove beyond disbelief to faith.
3) Guide yourself with love. Whenever some situation is not explored, understood, accepted and the energy dissolved, the resulting energy forms a chain. This false sense of who you aregrows into whatyou believe is your life. To choose to love yourself empowers you to work through anything.
4) Take back your inner power. A common reaction is to share your story and portray a victim who has given away power or, certain levels ofresponsibility. You may have felt wronged, compelled to defend a position.Many people engage in imaginary or mentaldialogue, accusing or directing energy away from yourself. This is an emotionally-draining exercise.
5) Discern energy differently. Each thought and feeling isa packet of energy you are creating and discharging. This process has causes and every cause has its effects.As you become more aware of those things you consciously identify with, you get closer to grasping how the ego and mind operate.
6) Realize who you are does not diminish. People are conditioned to quantify and measure to determine a sense of value and self-worth. They visualize needs and forget they do not become less human, less desirable, or in any way dminished by not satisfying perceived needs. Everyone is in an ongoing process of learning to let go of people, objects, relationships and anything they come to value. Each is a test.
7) Rediscover the joy of being. Theory differs from practice and thoughts differ from experience. The ego only knows thought because this is what it is. Whatever your mind attaches to becomes important, becomes a substitute for what you do not permit yourself to feel. As you begin to recognize you are never attached to anything except for in your mind, you rediscover the joy of being. You forget reasons for bad energy. You move beyond ego to explore consciousness.