When spirit present in your dreams, part of you knows the precise reasons. Yet, part of you may still ask what this experience brings to light about varied dimensions of reality. What are you supposed to do with what you are given?
Your logical, human side would possibly assume a figment of imagination magnified inner fear or, just seeks to entertain. Another part of you has a different view, especially if spirit visit dreams regularly. How do you know what to get out of it?
1) Believe in a purpose. You recall dream images and subtle experiences on different levels of awareness. Each encounter has reason for presenting. You choose to attune to certain energy. Believe reason exists. More than one may also appear.
2) Meditate on it. How vivid and memorable is the encounter? What sorts of details stand out? Which colors come to mind? Note strong sensations that stay with you. Reconnect with details using mental discipline. Dream journals can be helpful.
3) Reconnect with Higher forces. Do you realize angels, animal spirit guides and other, higher vibrational energies, hear your thoughts? They protect or draw attention to different aspects of self. You can learn to communicate more consciously using telepathy in dreams and expand from there.
4) Ask your spirit guide. These beings often have some connecton to you in a past life and thus have experience on a physical plane. They draw from their own lessons learned to assist or reorient you. Some human beings get more than one assigned at different life stages. Each one assists with lessons.
5) Accept its not black and white. Some dream visits are fragments and do not initially make sense until you piece a series of them together. A glimpse of a color, feeling, event or sensation has stand alone meaning yet, may figure into a larger puzzle. Patience helps you identify relevant points for you.
6) Trust your gut. As a child, you believe your instincts. You do not question them until adults convince you what you sense is not real. What they are really saying is your view is not theirs. You can rekindle and revalidate your innate skills and sensitivities by listening to your inner vibes without doubt.
7) Learn to raise vibrations. To ask a spirit directly who he is, and/or how you can help is easier as you learn to attune to energy. Thus you wll also be able to dialogue and get a sense of why the spirit presents to you. Do not pretend to fully grasp what is happening. Regardless of the energy vibration you are at, others also exist and shape different perception.