In an era of increasing spiritual awareness, many human beings recognize they are on a quest for something they find hard to describe. They travel near and far yet, do not always know who to ask for guidance. Is it touch and go for you?
As you temporarily forget the series of choices you make in everyday life is its own kind of pilgimage, you may seek new answers in a foreign land. With some luck, planning or, divine intervention, you may encounter a medicine man. What would you ask him if he offered to advise you ?
More people than you may imagine are asking how to connect with higher forces, how to know God, Allah, Shiva, Vishnu, Zeus, the Creator, the Source, or some Higher Power assumed to have all the answers. People seek quick fixes to problems. What would you expect the ancient wiseman to say?
1) Turn off the noise in the mind.
2) Reconnect with the heart.
3) Use love as your filter for everything.
4) Realize you have no reason to worry.
5) Explore aspects of self that hide from view.
6) Write a letter to God and read it back to yourself.
7) Stop dwelling on what you are not, and see all you are.
8) Accept apparent cost of any journey is worth the sacrifice.